Healthy Blue Louisiana Medicaid
Where can I go to get behavioral health services?
Healthy Blue Louisiana Medicaid services wants to help you get the care you need. Are you having trouble thinking? Are you feeling sad or anxious? If these issues make it hard to work or go to school, you may need behavioral health services. Here are some of the types of providers you may see and services you may be eligible for:
- Licensed Mental Health Professional (LMHP); a LMHP is a provider who works with members who have behavioral health concerns. This can include:
- Medical psychologists
- Licensed psychologists
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers
- Licensed Professional Counselors
- Licensed Marriage and Family therapists
- Licensed Addiction Counselors
- Advance practice registered nurses in the behavioral health field
- Mental health rehabilitation services
- Psychiatric residential treatment
- Inpatient hospitalization
- Outpatient and residential substance use treatment
- Screening and referral for children’s coordinated system of care services
- Permanent supportive housing
How to access mental health and substance use services
Our team is here for you. Call Member Services at 1-844-227-8350 (TTY 711). We can help you:
For a full list of covered services, see your member handbook.
- Find a provider
- Find out more about the services you can get
- Learn who can receive mental health and substance use services
- Find out who is eligible for specialized services for children
Find doctors and providers
Use our Find a Doctor tool to find a provider who works with Healthy Blue. Your provider can help you get the care and services you need. THERE ARE NO COPAYS FOR ANY COVERED MEDICAL SERVICES.
Pharmacy and prescription drugs
Members who only receive behavioral health services through Healthy Blue will get their pharmacy benefits through Louisiana Medicaid Pharmacy Fee For Service Program. Call 1-800-437-9101 for more information. If you have Medicare Part D Drug coverage, you’ll still get your medications reimbursed through your Part D plan.
24-hour Behavioral Health Crisis Line
Call our 24-hour Behavioral Health Crisis Line for help at 1-844-812-2280 if you or a family member are having a mental health or substance use crisis. The following are some signs that a person may be having a mental health or a substance use crisis:
- Trouble coping with daily problems and activities
- Hurting yourself or someone else
- Extreme mood swings
- Threatening or aggressive behavior
- Seeing or hearing things that are not there
Behavioral Health Warm Line
Call the Healthy Blue Louisiana Medicaid Behavioral Health Warm Line at 1-800-730-8375 to talk to someone who knows what you’re going through. The Warm Line is available every day from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. The Behavioral Health Warm Line is a peer support phone service that lets you talk to people who have gone through a similar situation. You can call the Warm Line when you’re feeling down or need help dealing with a stressful time.